The Kandy House – Boutique Hotel
Overview: The Kandy House is a unique ancestral manor house providing seclusion and serenity for its guests in a lush, tropical garden setting close to Kandy. In 1804, the last Chief Minister of the Kandyan Kingdom, Ratwatte Adigar, committed an act of “defiant decadence” as he dared to build himself a palatial villa using roof tiles which at that time were decreed only for royal residences. 200 years later, it was converted into a designer boutique hotel in Kandy, in partnership with Channa Daswatte. Hotel has 9 bedrooms, all rooms named after beautiful butterflies which bloom in Sri Lanka and another special about rooms are, they designed and decorated using the colors of the relevant butterflies named after each room.
They have two room categories.
Sunbeam, Cornelian, Monkey Puzzle, Pioneer and Lime Butterfly
- Sunbeam: Double bedroom on the upper floor, Fourposter king-size bed.
- Cornelian: Double bedroom on the upper floor, Fourposter king-size bed.
- Monkey Puzzle: Twin room with arched doors leading to a small outdoor veranda (Two single beds). The room adjoins the Black Rajah (Ultra category) and is ideal for families travelling with teenage children.
- Pioneer: Twin room overlooking a private garden with a swing hammock (Two single beds) Hotel informed that, this room is very famous with honeymooners even though it’s a Twin room. This room has more privacy compare to other rooms and the view is very beautiful.
- Lime butterfly: On the upper floor with access from the inner courtyard. Has a four-poster queen-size bed.
Red Spot Duke, Peacock Royal, Indian Admiral and Black Rajah
- Red Spot Duke: Spacious double room, Four-poster king-size bed and a Private corridor.
- Peacock Royal: Spacious double room, Four-poster king-size bed and Private corridor.
- Indian Admiral: Spacious double room, Four-poster king-size bed and Private corridor,
- Black Raja: double room with arched doors opening onto an outdoor veranda, Four-poser king size bed. This room is adjoining to deluxe double bedroom named Monkey Puzzle
Hotel welcome children 12 years and above.
Hotel has its own masseur with 25 years’ experience as an Ayurvedic therapist.
- More suitable for honeymooners.
- Friendly staff, spacious rooms.
- The hotel has a very colonial atmosphere and also has a beautiful ambiance and attractive interior.
- They maintain the property really well.
- Food is really good.